Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Baby Countdown!

One day I will get to write a blog without the apology for not writing as much as I should. Today is obviously not that day. I really need to get my shit together! -C

     As of today I am 41 weeks pregnant. Still no baby but not for lack of trying. I'm sure shes just comfortable in there and doesn't want to come out. However, I really want her to come out. I want to meet my daughter and I really want my body back. I would KILL for a RedBull right now!

Last week at my 40 week doctor appointment, I got checked and I was at 2cm dilated and 70% effaced. The doctor tried to set up an induction date then and I asked him to wait another week just to see if she could come on her own. I know that at times induction is necessary and nothing to be ashamed of but I really wanted her to come on her own terms. Also, I wanted to attempt a non medicated birth, and with pitocin and whatever else they use to progress labor, I know the contractions will more than likely be too intense for me to deal with on my own. I just REALLY didn't want an epidural. Mostly for my fear of needles. Also because the use of an epidural or pitocin can increase the chances of needing a C-Section and I REALLY do not want that.

Anyways, the doctor agreed to wait another week and I spent that entire week trying to get her out. At this appointment I was hoping to be further along with dilation so that I at least I had the hope of avoiding induction however, I'm still at 2cm. The lack of progress is a little upsetting but I'll get over it once I see my daughter. They sent in my paperwork to request induction and by 10am tomorrow I should know when I need to go into the hospital. My doctor wants me to be induced ASAP so either tomorrow(5/15) or Thursday(5/16) is when I will have my baby. I'm really thinking that they are going to send me in tomorrow evening. I'm not sure why, its just a gut feeling. However, most of those have been wrong lately.

The important part is, my next post I will be introducing you to my daughter and I am so excited to do so! I can't wait for everyone to meet her! I'm sure you will all love her as much as I already do.

No comments:

Post a Comment